Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sun and Snow

So, we had a lovely day or two where the weather was beautiful. We didn't need our jackets during the day and the flowers were coming up. Then Mother Nature decides to have a windy, cold storm and snow this morning. I WANT SPRING! (Oh wait, I think that's what spring in Washington is...) We just hope it doesn't snow when we drive to Utah for Spring Break.

Abby won our game of Settlers of Catan on Friday. We need to buy an expansion set so I can start winning again :) I had a lady at church today tell me that she bought Boggle and she and her husband can't stop playing it! I'm scared to play against them now. I beat them on New Years Eve, like I had 87 points and everyone else had 12. I'm not very nice...

Today at church, Eric gave the prayer and article of faith in Primary. Kim was asked by a member of the Primary Presidency (granted, she's new) when she was going into Young Womens. We had to break the news to her that Kim still has a year and a half in Primary! We also had a kid confessing family sins. He was asked what his dad did when he was sad (meaning when the boy was sad) and he said that when his dad was really mad he gets out a belt and he was talking about the metal parts and spanking. Anyway, the adults changed the subject quickly. Luckily it's one of those families that you wouldn't think of as abusive...

A few weeks ago a little girl said she was going to have a baby sister. She was adopted and I assumed that her mom couldn't have any more, but I asked her at choir that day. The mom said that the little girl WANTS a baby sister and will even pray for one, but they are not having a baby. We love Primary!

2 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

I love the things kids say. My current favorite is Eric's "Take a hunt."
Our weather has been the same roller coaster. The weekend was very much like Seattle with rain.
~Dad

Aud Pod said...

The other day it started snowing and Eric looked outside and said, "It's a miracle!" What a nut!