Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving concert

Tonight we had a Stake Thanksgiving benefit concert. Those who attended were supposed to bring some food for the local food bank. We filled the stand pretty well with choir members. It actually went rather well. Reid and I sang and the kids stayed home, so it was actually a break. I always forget how much I enjoy singing until something like this. Our choir director is amazing. He is from Holland and studied music there. He gets us to sing better every time. I'm glad it's over now and not in a month!

Potty training is on hold until after Thanksgiving. We had some good success, but then she had NO interest and a number of accidents. She wants to sit on the potty occasionally, though. Someday . . .

I think we are all looking forward to this week. Reid has the week off of work and a lot of our responsibilities are not pressing this week. yeah! We need it!

The other day I asked Jessica what her name was and she said "Jessica Allie T Morgan." Not sure what the T stands for, but it was very cute. Eric is afraid of everything right now. Closet monsters, under the bed monsters, dark places, brushing his teeth in the bathroom alone, sleeping without the light on, etc... I know it's just a phase, but we hope he grows out of it. He's sleeping in our bed every night!

1 comment:

D and S Heaton said...

Thanks for the update. I wish I could have heard you sing. We've got a great choir director as well. He pushes our abilities and somehow pulls it off at the last minute.
Poor Eric. Maybe he'd be less afraid if you didn't let him watch the news!
Enjoy the week. Take naps.
~Dad