Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fun in the sun!

Yes, we did have some sun this weekend and we enjoyed getting a bit of yardwork done and played at the park too. We are looking forward to the end of Stake Choir - we are doing a Thanksgiving concert and food drive next week. We will have our Sunday evenings back! Kim and Abby have 2 more weeks left of acting class. It's been going well I think. I'm not sure they LOVE it and I don't think they are dying to go back in the spring, but it's been a good experience. Kim wanted to audition for Willy Wonka Jr., but we decided that the Sunday shows would be a problem at this point, and the $375 fee if she made it was a bit steep for us. She REALLY wants to get into this, so I'm hoping the middle school will have a class or club she can join that will fill this need more easily and cheaply.

Abby is Abby. She announced in Primary today that she is good at rapping. Not the kind we do at Christmas either. I don't doubt that she is good at that! She was devastated to learn that I was released as the Activity Day leader and made Primary Chorister this week. She was apparently hoping that I would be her AD leader. She was convinced that I was the only one who would do fun things and that I had all the fun ideas. It's nice to be appreciated, I guess. Kim just said it would be embarrassing to have her mom as the Primary chorister.

Jessica is working hard at potty training. We've kind of taken the weekend off, but I can see her figuring it all out soon. I can't believe I'm almost done with diapers! Eric is turning out to be a typical brother - stealing purses, dolls, etc... just to annoy the girls. He's a fun kid who loves to talk. Not at all like his father :)

2 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

Ahhh, the joys of being a mom. Maybe you can teach the Primary kids some rap songs! That should get you released soon enough.
I think Em misses her "family" and will be glad to see the munchkins.
~Dad H

Que Sera said...

You can tell Kim that her Auntie Rach or Ray-Ray has the same calling as you. I hope it's not embarrassing for Ryan :)