Sunday, November 9, 2008

Birthday

Thanks for all the birthday wishes - cards in the mail, phone calls, facebook messages, etc... I had a great day. Reid and I went to a little Italian restaurant in Seattle and then went to a play called All the King's Men. It was good. Reid and I were both tired, so I'm sure the play was actually better than I might make it sound. I got a body pillow (I think the kids love it just as much as I do), a soft robe, some books, a Sudoku book, hmmmm... I detect a theme here . ... Anyway, I also got a few new serving dishes - now I just need a place to put them since the china cabinet is still in the bathroom.

I'm selling Jessica to the highest bidder - so if you want a stubborn, independant 2 year old, let me know. Okay, so she's the cutest and smartest 2 year old as well, and we do love her. We just have to keep convincing ourselves of this. If we let her tantrums go on, she will scream herself hoarse over the horrible actions of her parents (i.e. putting toothpaste on her toothbrush or closing the lid on her sippy cup). I guess the strongest spirits were saved until the last days!

Kim is singing the national anthem with 8 other kids from her class at the veterans day assembly tomorrow. She is not sure she wants me to go watch. Becoming a teenager who is embarrassed of her mother already!

Abby and Eric are remarkably normal this time. Working hard at school and enjoying life.

2 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

We'll take Jesse. Rissa can watch her!
XOXO
~Dad

Que Sera said...

Tell Kim good luck! I'm sure she'll do fine. And endure to the end with Jessica. Maybe during the holidays she'll be better because there will be more people to watch her.