Sunday, September 21, 2008

Getaway

Stuffy noses, coughs, and headaches - that's been our week! We have all caught the cold everyone else has since school started. Not fun, but predictable, I suppose.

Reid and I went away for a day without the kids while Emily stayed with them. Thanks Emily! We had a blast. We went to dinner at a restaurant called El Gaucho - very nice and classy. I think we'll have to pay off the house before we can afford to go back :) They do lots of the food tableside - caesar salad, cutting the meat, making bananas foster, etc... They had a cool meal we saw at a table nearby where the chef has a huge sword with meat and veggies on it like a kabob. She then spooned flaming alcohol over it to cook it. That was cool! Then we went to a comedy show called Jet City Improv. It was mostly college students, but there were a few old fogies there like us. It was hilarious and the best part of it was their policy of keeping things appropriate for all ages - kids and grandmas alike.

The next morning we slept in late and went to brunch at the Space Needle. The restaurant turns a full circle in 47 minutes, so we got to see the view of the clouds and drizzle very well.

Then we got home to the reality of life again. I think we need to go away for longer next time! While I was trying to get Jessica and Eric to follow me upstairs to take a bath, Jessica told me,"Go away, Mommy. I love my Daddy!" It's nice to be loved. She will say, " I love you soooo much" occasionally.

2 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

What fun. It's nice to know the kids missed you!
Auntie Em doesn't spoil them, does she?
XOXO
Dad

D and S Heaton said...

So sorry about your family not feeling well. Welcome back to the school germs.

You guys really know how to find cool places to go! Fun!

Sounds like Jessica is acting like a two-year-old again...
OXOXSH