Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting ready for school

Well, school starts on Wednesday for Kim and Abby, and Eric starts next Monday. We've done all the school shopping (we think!), and the kids are excited. We re-arranged the beds a bit this week. Kim and I moved her loft bed up to Eric's room, although he will still sleep in his old bed under the loft bed. Kim now has a regular bed that she can flop down on. We loved some of Eric's toys and furniture into Jessica's room and finally moved the bed and closet doors that have been stored in Jessica's room.

My muscles were NOT used to all that, but their rooms look good and it went faster than I thought it would!

Yesterday we helped Emily move to her new place. It's a few miles down the road from her old place and will hopefully have less mold, etc... for her to get sick from. Abby enjoyed bugging Nate the whole time (sorry, Nate :( ) and we had a few sad moments fighting over the tv (hmmm.....), but overall, they were helpful or at least stayed out of the way!

Tonight we met Logan's girlfriend (visiting from Utah). She is very fun and we had a good time. Abby kept tickling her, so we told Abby to play hide and seek with us, she would hide, of course. She came up wondering why we weren't looking for her! What a crazy girl!

2 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

So Odie, will things get quieter once the kids are in school? Or just more miles on the minivan?
I do hope you get some "me" time now and then.
And thanks for helping Emmers. I hear the place has a nice view.
XOXO
Dad H

Que Sera said...

Ooh. Logan has a girlfriend. I'm glad that the kids were somewhat helpful. They keep things lively, I'm sure. I'm sure we as children never fought over the TV either...